If there’s one thing teachers can agree on, it’s that social-emotional learning is a hot topic in education. By supporting the emotional needs of students, educators can not only address issues such as discipline problems and absenteeism, but also help their students become more mindful and self-aware. These easy-to-implement activities focus on the five competencies—self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, responsible decision-making—to help promote student mindfulness, strengthen life skills, and foster emotional health.
- What does SEL look like in the classroom? How should it be taught? Answer these and more questions with this 6-page AYF guide! Promote student mindfulness, foster emotional health, and teach essential life skills with these ready-to-implement activities.
- Emphasizes important topics in an easy-to-read format
- Provides tips and strategies so educators can create a safe classroom that supports students in their everyday struggles
- Includes suggestions for enhancing students’ life skills as well as boosting confidence
- Offers easy access to additional teacher resources such as videos, student templates, and educational websites