Sure, you know that children learn best through hands-on explorations. How does that work in a real classroom? With jam-packed days and mounting expectations, you’re pressed for time and pushed to follow standards-based curricula. It’s no wonder you struggle to incorporate STEAM activities each day.
Provoking Curiosity brings new and easy-to-execute STEAM learning experiences that encourage children to think, explore, and wonder. Each exploration builds on core ideas in the STEAM disciplines, develops higher-level thinking skills, and uses readily available materials in early childhood classrooms.
Learn how to use STEAM provocations throughout your busy day:
• Jump-start the morning
• Decompress and reenergize midday
• Occupy children who complete assigned classroom work early
• Incentivize children to complete a goal
• Transition between the busier times of day and planned classroom work times
• End the day building children’s collaboration and communication skills
- STEAM learning experiences that encourage children to think, explore, and wonder
- Soft Cover
- 88 pages
- Play based learning that develops higher-level thinking skills