A great learning project for any time of the year! Ant Mountain takes ant observation to new heights!
Ant Mountain has a fascinating inside/outside design that allows kids to watch busy ants work cooperatively to tunnel, explore, and forage throughout their rugged environment. Now anyone can become a myrmecologist (a person who studies ants) with Ant Mountain!
When Ant Mountain arrives, redeem the enclosed certificate to receive your ants. Please note that Insect Lore does not supply the ants for Ant Mountain. Instead, send your certificate to our partners at Life Studies (490 S 400 W, Hurricane Utah, 84737). Your vial of 25 (or 50) harvester ants will arrive at your door within 2 to 3 weeks (see below for shipment location restrictions).
Ants love tiny bites of celery, carrot, or apple (about the size of a popcorn kernel) every three days. They also need a couple of drops of water every third or fourth day. Please note: this kit does not include a queen ant.
Ant Mountain Includes:
• Two-sided viewing habitat with safe and escape-proof, locking lid
• Special “easy dig” sand
• Sand rod to get the tunneling started
• Certificate to redeem your supply of 25 drone harvester ants by mail. An additional fee for shipping and handling your vial of ants is required when you redeem your certificate. Your ants are guaranteed to arrive alive.
• Or, you may choose to redeem your certificate for a Super Supply of 50 harvester ants. An additional fee for shipping and handling of your vial of ants is required.
• Ant Mountain Instructions and Activity Guide
If temperatures are extremely cold or hot (below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit), please allow extra time for delivery.
Harvester Ants will live 2 to 4 weeks in Ant Mountain. Warning: Choking hazard. Small parts. Not for children under 3 years. *Please note: Due to insect shipping restrictions, this item cannot be shipped to Oregon, Hawaii, Mexico or Canada.